Friday, April 11, 2008

Time to Move On

Well, as for news-that-no-one-wants-to-remember, the Tigers lost on Monday night. It was sad yes, we were so close. I don’t really keep up with sports, but even I was feeling a little bit of the pain from that one. However, it’s all said and done. No need to dwell on it. What my point is, as we brought up in my art class on Tuesday, I think people just get a little too emotional over sports. I have nothing against getting excited and cheering, that’s not what I mean. I’m talking about crying your eyes out because a sports team lost.

It just seems like people put a little too much focus on something like sports. They’re a form of entertainment and we love them, but there are more important things out there in the world. I’m not really into sports myself, so I can’t really relate to the people who feel very passionate about them. It’s fine to play and love them, but there is more to life then winning a game. And after you win, you get what, bragging rights for a year? A year will go by fast trust me. We’ll get ‘em next year as they say.

1 comment:

Michael said...

I think that the reason why people are getting so emotional about sports is that it is a part of the American culture. Ballgames, BBQ and credit debts belong to the American life style and this society values this stuff. The normal citizen finds in Derrick Rose or any other successful Athlete a good example and wants to like him!