Friday, April 11, 2008

Random School Thoughts

So, I’ve got to pick classes for next semester. I find this extremely hard to do, considering I don’t even know what my major is. Well, the good news is, no more math classes. I’m terrible at math, so this is great news. Well, depending on if I pass the course I’m in now; I think I will.

There really is a love/hate relationship with those classes that are no homework, only 3 or 4 tests all semester. You love the idea of no homework at the time, then you make a not so hot grade on a test, and you realize that’s all you have. It’s annoying to have only 3 shots at a decent grade; and if you fail one, you can forget making an A in the class. I would rather have the homework as a backup grade. It would be annoying but it would make my life easier.

I wonder why teachers only give tests though. Is it for them or us? Do they just not want to have to grade all of that, or is there no point to it? Maybe they figure no one will do it, and don’t even assign any? My guess is the first one. The classes I usually don’t have homework in are huge classes (100 students or more), so I wouldn’t want to grade all of that.

1 comment:

Michael said...

I had to decide which classes I should take two weeks ago, too. Athletes are allowed to register earlier. It is so hard especially if you have such a tight schedule than me and miss so many classes. But I am already excited about next year! It is going to be fun!